DR. D. MANUEL J. DE LA TORRE GUTIERREZ
Dr Manuel De la Torre Gutiérrez is currently Chair of the Multidisciplinary Neurology Unit of Hospital Ruber- DE LA TORRE GROUP in Madrid, specialised in the diagnosis and treatment of spinal conditions, and head of Neurological Services.
Dr De la Torre obtained his degree in Medicine and Surgery from Universidad Complutense, Madrid. He attended the private university CEU San Pablo for the first 2 years and continued his training for the following four years at the Hospital Militar Central Universitario “Gómez-Ulla”. The title of his thesis was “Brain mapping in the evaluation of post traumatic cranial syndrome”.
Dr De la Torre then specialised in Occupational Medicine and Neurosurgery, completing his MIR training at various hospitals associated with the Universidad Complutense and the Universidad Autónoma in Madrid, as well as at the Hospital Militar Central Universitario “Gómez-Ulla”, the Hospital Universitario Central de la Cruz Roja “San José y Santa Adela” and the Hospital Universitario “La Paz” in Madrid.
Among the many achievements of Dr De la Torre’s long career, it is worth highlighting the following: chief of Healthcare for Agrupación de Intendencia de Reserva General(Police Reserve Unit), Madrid; medical services for the Royal Guards; healthcare services to the Royal household; Chief of Neurosurgery at H.M.C Universitario “Gómez-Ulla”; Chief of Neurosurgery at Hospital “Beata Mª Ana de Jesús”; Chief of Neurosurgery, Madrid.
CONFERENCES AND INTERNATIONAL EVENTS
- Attended the 84th AANS Annual Scientific Meeting. “Neurosurgery leading the way”.
- International Congress of Neurosurgery, NEUROIBERIA, Estoril (Portugal), organised by the
Spanish Society of Neurosurgery (SENEC) and the Portuguese Society of Neurosurgery (SPNC).
- Speaker at EUROSPINE, Copenhagen, which brought together spine specialists from over the world.
- Moderator at Aesculap Spine Days, Tuttlingen (Germany), a platform for neurosurgeons and orthopaedic surgeons to share their expertise and discuss new approaches in the area of spinal medicine.
- Moderator at the 20th Spanish Congress of Neurosurgery, Plenary Session 4, “Infections in Neurosurgery”, in Pamplona (Spain).
- Attended Fitur Salud (International Health Tourism Fair), where he gave a presentation entitled “ Latest advances in complex spine surgery”.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND DECORATIONS
- Member of the European Associations of Neurological Societies (EANS)
- Member of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS)
- Advisory member of the Royal Family’s medical team
- Blood Transfusion Services Medal awarded by the Military
- Military Cross of Merit with White Distinction
- Commander of the Dutch Order of Orange-Nassau
- Spanish Order of Civil Merit
- Order of the Liberator Bernardo O’Higgins awarded by the Chilean President
- Cross of the Royal and Military Order of San Hermenegildo
DE LA TORRE GROUP
Dr. Manuel J. de la Torre Gutiérrez
Head of Neurosurgical Services
HOSPITAL RUBER EQUIPO DE LA TORRE
ENQUIRIES AND APPOINTMENTS